Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanks-LIVING!!!!!

In the spirit of the season I wanted to share what our pastor talked about in church this past Sunday. He challenged us to live out our thanks, instead of just celebrating the day of Thanksgiving.

A few high points...

*Thanks-living is giving God our best!


*To give our best to God, we must sacrifice keeping the best for ourselves.


*God never asks us to give what we do not have.


*God always deserves the best of what we DO have.

Seems simple, doesn't it...but when we put it into action, suddenly we are challenged. How much time do we give God...or really the question is...what quality of time are we giving Him? Just what's left-over or do we carve out the best time in our day for Him? Do we practice and live out our thanksgiving and appreciation to others and Christ in front of our children or just remind them generically to learn the words: "thank you."

I sure am glad God doesn't expect me to serve where I'm not called...but He does expect me to give my best where I am called. Right now I feel called to work full-time in the nursery for Sunday School...every Sunday. Through this I have met one of the most wonderful women. I just love the time we have together, sharing our praises and prayer needs, while we play with and care for the babies. It's amazing when submission to Him leads to such blessings.

YOUR TURN: Are you THANKS-LIVING? 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Cheers,
Elizabeth

No comments: