I have a 5 year old and she is always talking about what she's going to be when she grows up. Often times she settles on just being like me...a mama. But she's gone through in her short 5 years wanting to be a vet, a scientist, a writer, a librarian, a horse trainer and several others.
It has made me remember what I used to want to be when I was a kid...besides being a wife and mom, here are the top 5 things that I remember always saying I would be when I grow up...
5. An Olympic gymnast. I really wanted to be Mary Lou Retton!
4. An Archeologist. Who doesn't love dusting off a lot of old, dead stuff? ;-) And, hey, I love vintage jewelry and furniture...that's my version of archeology!
3. A Teacher. Outside of Homeschooling, I could not see this now.
2. An Undercover cop. Johnny Dep is to blame for that when 21 Jumpstreet was famous! haha
1. A writer. I wrote my first "full-length" novel titled Randi's Will at 12 and I was smitten with it all. I'd written a lot small stories and poems also.
I guess 1 out of 5 isn't bad.
Your Turn: When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? How did it work out? I'd love to hear your story!